Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I've Got No Line!

My copy of U2's new album "No Line On The Horizon" arrived today! (I know it technically isn't released until March 3, but Hubby shows his genius in unique and useful ways.) It feels like friends that I love to pieces and haven't seen in awhile have come home. That's how I feel about U2. It goes beyond just liking a band. They are friends (who I will never actually meet which is fine because most likely restraining orders would be taken out. Against me.). Their music has routinely provided joy, comfort, understanding, a laugh, a cry, inspiration... It might have even saved me once or twice.

But, No Line On The Horizon is quite wonderful and full of the grandeur I love in music. And the bass rocks it all the way through (and I'm not just saying that because I have been convinced for years that the only reason Adam Clayton isn't married is because he hasn't met me yet). Right now I am all about the title track. Also pretty big on I Know I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (apparently really long titles are cool right now). And I really just want to go listen to the whole thing again right now.

I have much more I could say, and might later, but I just wanted to share my happiness!

5 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

Glad you are happy!

mommy boo of two said...

sweet! that hubby is quite crafty. maybe i could get you to burn me a copy :)

Anonymous said...

i hear ya! - every since my 1st U2 concert, ive felt a genuine good vibe every time i hear them :) kinda like barack obama, haha, they all make me feel like everything is gonna be just fine!

Anonymous said...

I know about you and I will ask you to marry me when we come to Chicago this summer. Keep July open. Dump that gammy tosser of a husband and marry me.

Chocolate Girl said...

Yea! I heart you, Adam.