Sunday, January 16, 2011

into a home

When we moved into the house, I brought a collection of furniture and pots and pans and dishes and random household items that had pretty much all belonged to someone else in my family.


When we moved into the house, he brought along a collection of furniture and pots and pans and dishes and random household items that had been scavenged from his failed marriage and given by his parents.



Slowly, over the past few years, we have weeded out. We have sold off. We have given away. We have thrown away.



And, slowly, we are building a space of our own. Filled with things that represent him. And me. And us.

When we moved in, it felt like a house. But now, finally, it's turning in to something more.

4 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

Oh I love this post. I'm so happy for you!

Corinne Cunningham said...

So beautiful... that's when the magic happens. Getting the "grown up" furniture that you can hand pick. It's so much fun!

Lyndsay said...

That's awesome. When we moved into our house 8 years ago we went without MANY things for a LONG time because I was so determined to make it OURS.... your method is a lot more rational.
:)

InTheFastLane said...

I love this post. Because home really is about the heart.