Monday, December 10, 2012

'tis the season

some weekends are busy.  really busy.  really really busy.  like this one was.


up early (even though it's the weekend).  going non-stop all day long, and on into the night because it is impossible to get it all done during the day.  then up the next day for the same thing all over again.


and all of it is for other people.  and none of it is for me.  and no one is helping, even though other people are involved.


then i say "yes" when someone asks a favor, even though i totally don't have time to do any favors for anyone.


but... somehow.... when i put the word "christmas" in front of it...


christmas baking, christmas favors, christmas work... with christmas carols, christmas lights, christmas cocoa....


it all seems kind of nice.


******
you capture

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a break from all the Christmas helping soon. Your cookies look wonderful! I just love the shot of the ornament and light.

Adeena said...

So true. :)

Love the last shot - how you framed the light with light! Very nice.

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

Definitely take 5 and enjoy some Christmas coca and cookies! I love your street shot of the lights.

Stacia said...

I think we had the same weekend. Except I didn't get to lick that delicious-looking brownie batter. :(

Unknown said...

It is hard to say no. Especially this time of year.
Remember to take time for yourself, too. :)

Laurie said...

Christmas _____ does it for me also!! I just love me some Christmas. Your photos are lovely.