Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Recap Time

So, this year Christmas was, um, weird. I can't think of another word for it. Things seemed a little off. It all seemed kind of skewed. It wasn't a bad Christmas. It was a lovely Christmas. It was just a different Christmas.

Instead of being about those big, long-standing traditions, it was more about the little moments. Those tiny bits of time where Hubby and I were together, just us, stand out in my memory.

Like stealing away for a Pre Christmas Maddness lunch.



Like remembering people who are no longer with us.



Like making ourselves a "fancy Christmas Eve dinner." (We even lit the candles!)


Like sharing some soy nog before opening our gifts to each other.



Like the silly things we noticed while making casserole to take to Grandma's.



Like finding out the new toys get along with the old toys. (And no. We have no children.)


Little moments that added up to a wonderful, odd holiday.

(This was my intended You Capture post this week. If Beth's post comes up, I'll link it later...)

3 comments:

Corinne Cunningham said...

I love that smile shot w/ the mixing bowl! Sometimes different can be just as nice.

swonderful said...

Some of these are just beautiful! I love the top two and the face in the mixing bowl. We see faces in everything around here. Happy New Year!

Lyndsay said...

I think it sounds like an awesome holiday! Sometimes it's those little things that mean the most.