Monday, July 25, 2011

the hot list

1. So, the heat, right? It's dumb. And it reminds me why I like fall and winter so much. I think it's not supposed to be so hot this week. Right?

2. Thank Heavens that Kirsten mentioned in one of her blog posts that she likes Nuun. I had been searching for a not Gatorade hydration drink for long runs. I had investigated Nuun. I had not ordered it because it only came in packs of a lot, and what if I hated it? But Kirsten likes it, and I trust her, so I ordered it. Just in time, too, because I so needed it this past week. And it's awesome. Thanks Kirsten!

3. Someone was having fun at the animal cracker factory....

4. I have gotten to the point of familiarity with the baristas of my local Starbucks that I now take them cookies when I bake. Is this a good development, or a bad development?

5. I finally took my first solo hike of the summer. There just something about being out on the trails alone in the morning, when it's all quiet and calm and just you out there. It's lovely. (Although I am grateful to whoever it was who took Trail 8 last,because they left stair-like boot prints that made it a tish easier for me....)

6. I have let my hair exist in its natural state today. It has been a looooong time since I've let that happen. (How long? Hubby has never seen it all natural like. That's how long.) It is maybe a little bit scary. And big. And tangly. But I've called a large clip into action, and I'm going with it. Maybe I'll do it more often. It did take less time than "fixing" it...

7. This past Saturday marked the weekend last summer where my knee began it's implosion. This year I ran the mileage I had attempted that day without incident. My fingers remain crossed for my trail race this coming Saturday.

8. Yesterday Hubby and I had planned a hiking day. The weather really didn't look like it was going to cooperate, if radar was to be believed. So instead of a nice, strenuous day of hiking, I made chocolate chip scones, we ate all of them, then went for our second viewing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Of course the storm never materialized and we totally could have spent the day hiking, but you know... chocolate chip scones and Harry Potter.

9. Hubby and I went to see Josh Groban in concert. Because Josh Groban is my boyfriend and I wanted to hear him sing Higher Window to me. Also, Josh Groban's guitar player might be Officer Cobra Bubbles from Lilo and Stitch. I couldn't get close enough to check his knuckles.

10. I took my 3 year old niece for cupcakes. She ate a little less than half of her cupcake, said she was full, and stopped eating. I fully did not comprehend what she meant. How can you be full when there is still cupcake to be eaten? And when did I turn on my I'm Full Manual Override Switch? Or do I just not register being full? What is full anyway?

3 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

I always forget that you are friends with Kirsten too until I see her name here. Do you know that crazy girl is doing a Tough Mudder with her husband in September the week after she runs a half marathon?

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

{snort} Nice animal cracker. That's so awesome you seem to be in a much better place with running than this time last year! Though, I'm totally with you on the scones and Potter.

And yeah. I'm pretty sure your niece was speaking a foreign language. Girl's not right. ;)

Lyndsay said...

I don't understand. So your neice was sick, right? Are you sure you guys are related.

Glad the running is going well!

Oh, and is your Starbucks hiring?