Saturday, August 13, 2011

enjoy the silence

So, I haven't been doing much lately.

Actually, I've been trying to do as absolutely little as possible.

I've been spending as much time as I could manage at home. Sitting. Reading. Drinking tea. In the quiet. And the calm.

Sure, there's been the occasional Target run. Or Starbucks run. Or an hour or so at work attempting to get things ready. (Or at least look ready.) But I find I'm really just hurrying home.

Because really, that's all I've wanted to do lately. Just sit at home, trying to have as much calm, as much quiet, as I can.

It's almost like I'm trying to stockpile it, bottle it, save it up for a later date.

Because in far too short of a time, calm and quiet and sitting will be nothing but faint, distant memories.

But perhaps... just maybe... if I can take in these last few days of summer, really truly fully take them in, and store them firmly in my mind... maybe I'll be able to conjure up a few brief moments of calm or quiet in the midst of the coming madness (when I really really need them).

2 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

If I could book my silent days.... I would have used them up already ;)

Enjoy them. Treasure them.

Bec said...

My goal for today is to not leave the couch. My husband said he'd take me to go see a movie and I think I can consider that being a couch activity just not at home ;) I'm enjoying just staying home lately as well.