Tuesday, January 31, 2012

questions of a thousand dreams

When did it become "cool" to be rude and disrespectful?

When did it become more important to be their friend than their parent?

Is what I have to say unimportant because I don't have children?

"How can you stand next to the truth and not see it?"

How can you possibly only care about yourself when seven billion people live here with you?

Why do people who don't know what they're talking about talk anyway?

Did you do anything today to make someone else smile?

Have you ever sent someone flowers anonymously?

When was the last time you were truly happy?

What does your Dream Life look like?

What can be done to fix this?

What are the chances I'll win the lottery?

Is it possible to be the girl who serves warm beverages and bakes cookies and still pay the bills?

When was the last time you woke up in the morning and weren't still tired?

Do you enjoy your job?

Really?

When did honesty cease to be the best policy?

Why are people afraid of quiet?

Is is possible that a person can be put in your life just to annoy the crap out of you?

Why is common sense so uncommon?

When was the last time you did something nice without expecting to be rewarded for it?

Did you do that because it was right for you or because you wanted to be able to tell everyone you did it?

Would you have done the same thing if no one was watching?

Do you ever desperately wish you could be a kid again, just so life wasn't so complicated?

Why do you remember every word to songs you haven't heard in years?

Does it all happen for a reason?

Would it help to know the reason?

Did you say "I love you" today?

Did you say "thank you" today?

Did you give thanks today?

Did you try to leave it a little better than it was?

2 comments:

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

This question: Is what I have to say unimportant because I don't have children? is something I ask myself all the time, and has caused me many a bitten tongue. Except...we have to exist in the same world as these children too...

And is it possible? I think it must be possible because others do, especially if you can offer something that Starbucks doesn't. Yummy, fair trade coffee, comfy chairs, free wifi, and good sandwiches or smoothies along with the baked goodies (that's my vision of a good coffee shop anyway)...may need some help at first, but I think it's totally possible.

Sometimes I wish I could be a kid again because I think I'd do childhood better the second time around.

I feel l ask myself a lot of these same questions.

InTheFastLane said...

All very good questions...

Does it all happen for a reason? To make us better people? So we can learn and grown and become that person who tries to make things better everyday?

I guess those are my reasons. And then the choice is up to us...to let it drag us down, or to help us rise above. Hard questions and hard choices.