Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wise Words

So, apparently, there was a fugitive on the loose.

And, apparently, our yard was Ground Zero in the search for said fugitive.

And, apparently, there were multitudes of police cars surrounding our house, police helicopters hovering above our house, and police officers combing the woods next to our house searching for this fugitive.

And, since Hubby works from home, he had a front row seat for the action (after bolting all the doors so that the fugitive did not get in our house).

And, apparently, all this police presence and pondering of the whereabouts of an escaped prisoner caused Hubby to pause and reflect on his life and its blessings.

And this is what he came up with:

"My life may not be perfect, but at least I'm not a fugitive."

So true.

So, so true.

7 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

And when he moved east, he came to your moms school area. Fugitives suck. Love you!

Jessica Monte said...

This made me laugh. I have a hunch that my husband would arrive at similar wisdom, :-)

InTheFastLane said...

Funny husband!
My son's preschool is across a major hwy from there, but I almost didn't take him because they sent out an email saying they wouldn't go outside and would have the doors locked. it made me a bit nervous. But when I drove there, I didn't see anything.

My neighbor's daughter goes to preschool, I am pretty sure where your mom works, but in the morning and her mom said she didn't know anything, but thought it was strange that when she came to pick up her daughter at 11am, that the teachers were rushing the kids as fast as they could into cars. She thought maybe the teachers just had a bad day :)

Lyndsay said...

Eeks. That's kind of unsettling!! Did they ever catch him?

Anonymous said...

Unless the fugitive was Harrison Ford, and then it might not be so bad ...

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Whoa! Crazy story, but I love the ending! :)

Corinne Cunningham said...

Wow!! What an event! And I haven't heard such a true sentiment as your husbands in quite a while ;)