1. I envy everyone who ever owned a Swatch Watch. Especially the ones with the yellow band and the plaid face. I soooo wanted that one.
2. I miss my Tretorn sneakers. Sigh.
3. There will never be a time that I don't wear overalls. I don't care if they're in fashion or not, or if certain people who shall remain nameless tell me I look "frumpy." They're comfortable. (And, just by the way, Gap is currently selling them. So I guess the Gap models look frumpy, too.)
4. I wish I had been a grown-up in the 1940s. Those women had the most beautiful clothing ever. They are probably the reason I am so devoted to skirts and dresses.
5. I love those cotton skirts with the fold-over waist. I wear them from the moment it's warm enough until I'm freezing my knees off in them. But I don't love the "fold-over" part. Do I really need an extra layer there?
6. I refuse to wear shorts. They make me nervous and self-conscious.
7. I hope that empire waist dresses or baby doll dresses or potato sack dresses or something like those will always be in fashion so that I have something to wear on my "puffy" days.
8. I still wear my Benetton sweatshirt from 1988. (Inside out, of course.)
9. I secretly miss big hair.
10. The single greatest shoe ever invented? The Mary Jane.
tell it to me tuesdays