Sunday, September 26, 2010

falling...

I slept in this morning, with a cool breeze blowing in through the windows. (Well, technically, I got up at the same time I get up every other day, but then I laid back down for a little bit. So, I guess I took a nap this morning with a cool breeze blowing in through the windows.)

I did some yoga and some pilates.

Hubby and I went on a hike through steep, sandy hills. A hike for which we needed long pants and sweatshirts.

It's been sunny for most of the day, with big, puffy, gray "fall" clouds in the sky. Clouds that I had to stand and stare at for a few minutes because it's been so long since I've seen them.

I took the sparkly plastic fruit out of the bowl on the dining table and replaced it with sparkly plastic pumpkins and gourds.

I made peanut butter cookies, so the house smells all cinnamon-y and warm and good.

Hubby is currently making fresh pea soup, which is adding nicely to the warm and good in the house.

The Colts are playing Denver on the television. (And Notre Dame will regroup for next week.)

Jakob Dylan is singing though the stereo.

I'm wearing a sweater.

It's been a lovely day.

Please let it really be fall this time.

4 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

You do love fall and always have. I'm glad it was a peaceful day for you. Mine...not so much. We can talk later. Remember that mama loves pea soup. Love you!

Corinne Cunningham said...

I'm hoping fall sticks around here too... it's heaven.
(I wore corduroy pants and a turtleneck, the found this time of year are just... comfy...)

Lyndsay said...

Sounds like a great day!

It was a nice day here too - the sun was still warm but the breeze was cool. I read my book beside an open window while drinking a latte for an hour or so. It was lovely. But I would have liked some PB cookies to go with it.

InTheFastLane said...

The weather the last few days have been perfect! I love summer when it comes, but it is time for fall. And fall is my favorite time of the year.
Now I am ready for a hike, or some camping.