Sunday, May 1, 2011

just kinda (or really)

It's somehow becoming really clear to me lately that I'm kinda different than most of the people I know.

I have a different routine.

I have different ideas.

I have different necessities.

Different things are important to me.

I do things differently than others I know.

I'm very solitary. Probably to a fault.

I like warm beverages and quiet places.

And I'm beginning to think that a lot of people around me just don't quite understand these things about me.

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

I guess I usually just think that they can think whatever they want, because they really don't know the whole deal anyway.

But sometimes I wonder if I'm really just that unimportant to the people around me that no one even cares to know the whole deal. (I mean, am I just supposed to unload my life on people, all uninvited, if they don't want to know?? I don't think it works that way.)

But then I just feel thankful for the few who do know, and understand, and accept, and support.

Or maybe it's just one of those days.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I like warm beverages and quiet places too. I'm open for unloading if you need.
xo

InTheFastLane said...

I'm with Lyndsay.
I'm also of the belief that different is good.
And we need to go for a run together...soon, I hope.

Kirsten said...

Ditto, and if I lived closer, I'd so enjoy a quiet hot beverage in perfect silence with you somewhere.

You are important to those who matter.

Anonymous said...

Kinda different is kinda fun right? I appreciate knowing people who are different from me. And while I don't *know* you - I read your blog, even though I don't particularly like warm beverages. (but I do love chocolate)