Thursday, June 30, 2011

funny how that works

This week is long.

The days start too early and last forever.

There is too much to do, too much to take in.

It is slightly overwhelming.

And the last thing I want to do at the end of it all is go run. Especially on Thursday.

I'd rather go to bed.

But I don't.

I drive myself home (and when I get there, I realize I have no idea how I got there).

I change from school clothes into shorts and a singlet and lace up my running shoes.

And I trudge out into the heat and sun and humidity.

And I head for the trails.

An hour later I come back, drenched in sweat, fully exhausted, with bugs plastered to me.

Happier than I've been in days.

2 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

I have been waiting and running in the evenings with violet since she is away from her usual practice mates. I don't really like running in the evenings, but I do come back a lot happier (just ask my husband).

LoARSqred said...

Way to go! Wish I had your discipline. Thought of you today when I read the comic Tiny Sepuku for 6/30. It'll make you smile. (Sorry, I would have linked but for spam filters, etc.)