Monday, October 5, 2009

This must be how He-Man felt when he raised that sword over his head and yelled "I have the power!"

Today I held power in my hands. Real, actual, honest to goodness power.

This morning at the level meeting a decision had to be made. The count was four to four. I had not voted. Everyone looked at me. I would be the tie breaker.

I found myself in the unique, and possibly first time ever, position of being able to get exactly what I wanted; of being The One to make a decision that everyone else would have to follow.

And I liked it. I sooooo wanted to hold my sword (Or gel pen. Whatever.) in the air and say "By the power of Greyskull!"

Okay, so it was a relatively inconsequential decision. Whether or not to have classroom parties. And really, who cares? But still. I was the one holding the power. And, oh, did I wield that power. And all listened. And all agreed that my decision was good. And they'll all do what I said. Because they have to. (I think this is what it will feel like when I rule the world.)

Not bad for a Monday morning. Maybe this week won't be so bad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time I see a Bears sign asking "Do you hold the power?", I'll smile and think "...my sister does!"

mommy boo of two said...

That's how I feel when I need to threaten to take Noodle's tv away if she poops in her underwear. It's a fun feeling (or maybe i'm just a horrible mom. it's a toss up).

InTheFastLane said...

Keep using your power all week long. It'll be fun :)

Heart2Heart said...

Here is hoping that you voted in favor of classroom parties. Its the one thing most kids look forward to about being at school.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Lyndsay said...

So? Parties? Yay or nay? What did the gel pen decree?

Chocolate Girl said...

The gel pen decreed there will be no parties. Don't judge. You don't know what the definition of "party" would have been!

Lyndsay said...

Well I'm sure the parents of all the kids with peanut allergies, gluten intolerances, dairy allergies thank you!!