Tuesday, August 3, 2010

while there were 75 needles stuck in me

Today at acupuncture, the new acupuncturist at the clinic did my needles. She had a slight accent. Maybe German. She wanted to know which "nodes" in my legs hurt. It took me a minute to figure out she meant "muscles." And before she applied the needles to the most tender areas of my feet, she said "This will feel sensational."

Of course it will.

Laying on the acupuncture table I may have fallen asleep. I know my eyes were closed. I might have been awake. I'm not sure. I saw a small point of blue. And it kept getting bigger, kept filling more of the space behind my eyelids. I don't know what it was. I don't know why it was. It's never been there before. But I know it was good. It was, somehow, a comfort.

Maybe even sensational.

*********
tell it to me tuesday

2 comments:

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Wow that sounds amazing. I've never tried acupuncture before. Did it help at all? Did it hurt at all? I'm so in awe that you tried it. You're more courageous than me! :)

Lyndsay said...

I got some relief from acupuncture before - both for back pain (loosening up tight muscles) and neuropathic pain in my feet. When I was getting it for my feet, the physical therapist left one needle in each ear lobe (on purpose, they looked like dull thumb tacks) and I was supposed to squeeze them intermittently throughout the day. That was weird. But it did work. Or time did. But whatever. Something worked. Good luck with it!