1. When I make pizza with organic crust and soy cheese, it's not nearly as heavy or as greasy as it is with regular crust and dairy cheese.
2. When someone tells you their name is Rico, you cannot help but think "suave" in your head. And it is very, very, very hard to not laugh. And even harder to not actually say "suave" out loud. This was an experience I had this week, so I know from first-hand experience.
3. I'm slowly making a move from regular old vegetarian to a more vegan way of being. I'm finding that a lot of foods that I used to have no trouble eating are kind of, um, troubling now. Probably because I'm getting old. But I'm hoping this will help.
4. I'm also trying to significantly cut my intake of sugar and white flour. Which is, um, hard. Mostly because I really like sugar. A lot. Some days it's the only reason I don't just sit down on the floor and cry. But I'm gonna try anyway. I did buy some dark chocolate tea, and I'm hoping that will be a satisfying alternative. I haven't tried it yet, because I'm kind of afraid of it (because, let's face it, chocolate tea sounds weird), and I don't really believe that I'll drink it and think "yes, that's just what I needed and now I have no desire for a bag of M&Ms..... none at all." But, you know. I'm hoping.
5. It probably doesn't really help the whole digestive issue that I'm trying to adjust back to a school schedule and that's, like, four and a half hours earlier than my body is used to having to function.
6. This morning I ran 10 miles and I had the song Say Hey by Michael Franti and Spearhead on repeat for over half the run. (Which was a long time because I was moving slow.) Then I listened to a few other songs and put Say Hey back on repeat. It's a mover and a shaker.
7. I am totally hoping that Acupuncturist can work miracles on me tomorrow. Because I'm a mess. In all kinds of ways.
8. I finally read the book What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundel. (Because I love teen fiction.) And it was very well written and did a very good job of building up to the big reveals. Although at first I was a bit disappointed when the reveals started happening, because based on the title and the cover, I kind of thought this book would be a little smutty. And it so totally wasn't, which made it a little disappointing. But then the reveals kept on going. And then it so totally was. Smutty, that is. And I don't think the school librarian knows this, about the smut, so I'll have to let him know. (Let him know that it was so totally GOOD. Although maybe not so school appropriate.)
9. I also read Psych Major Syndrome by Alicia Thompson and I loved that, too. It wasn't smutty. But it was totally relatable (is that a word?) and readable and lovable. And fun.
10. Because we did not have school on Thursday, I got to listen to the live webcast of U2 in concert in Sheffield, England. That was pretty awesome. Actually, it was very awesome.
11. I'm pretty sure that water could make me bloated and give me gas. Everything else does. Why would water want to be left out of the fun?
12. I'm going to finish my tea and go to bed now.