Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Power of Bobby

So, there are currently 3,315 songs on my ipod. I love to shuffle them. And I have no problem shuffling though anything that doesn't strike my fancy at that exact moment. U2's Elevation? Um... not right now. REM's Pretty Persuasion? Um.... maybe later. Coldplay's Shiver? Not so much today. The Beatle's (the deities) She Said She Said? Eh...

But there is one man who is, as far as I can tell, virtually unshuffleable.

Bobby Brown.

There is a grand total of two Bobby Brown songs housed on my ipod - Every Little Step I Take and Good Enough. And if either one of them shuffles in, I WILL LISTEN. This morning they shuffled in back to back. And I had some kind of religious experience.

Why????? Why is that????

It's not like they're the greatest songs ever written. I mean, if you actually listen to the words to Good Enough, you kind of think "Eeeewwwwww! Gross!"

But I LOVE IT!

What is this strange power Bobby Brown holds over me?

Is there any way to break it?

Do I even want to?

You know what....

No. I don't think I do.

Because perhaps in this crazy world, so full of uncertainty and doubt, it's good to know that every little step I take, Bobby will be there. And that if it ain't good enough, Bobby will work harder.

And it's nice to have something to count on.

Even if it's Bobby Brown.

1 comment:

Heart2Heart said...

I love Ipods and the power that comes from holding so much music in your hands in one palm sized device.

Oh how I love all the amazing ways the songs from within can take you away to another place in time.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat