1. For the past two days, I have run without any form of knee brace. That feels significant.
2. Once when I was running, I saw a man fall off of the roof of a house. It literally stopped me in my tracks. I wasn't quite sure what the protocol for this was, so I just called out "Are you okay?" And this man pops up out of the bushes, brushing himself off, and says "Yeah, I'm fine. I do it all the time."
What? You do it all the time? Why? Is it, like, recreational?
So I just said "Okay." And kept on running.
3. Best Friend and I are going out to lunch today. This sound like a minor kind of event. But it's actually more like a strategically planned tactical maneuver. I work something like 9-5 hours. She and her husband both work more non-traditional hours. And are raising two beautiful girls. So it's reeeeeally hard for us to coordinate our watches for some quality best friend time. And we've learned the hard way that we should not try to get a sitter for her girls if we would like to lunch. So it's now about picking a day and hoping her husband gets home early enough for us to go. This is our third attempt since December. A tish maddening, but, we gotta do what we gotta do. I'm glad we do it.
4. Yesterday Hubby, who works from home, was gone all day doing work (meaning corporate suck up) type things. So the house was empty. So I stayed home from work. All. by. my. self.
5. Today when I was running, I saw a condom in the middle of the seventeen degree, snow covered road. I did not investigate to see if it was used or not (because ewww!), but all I could think was "that had to have been cold."
6. Six months from today, I'll be seeing U2 live. I'm just saying. I'll be wearing tank top for that. I cannot imagine being warm enough to wear a tank top.
7. I have been having this passionate love affair with dates. As in the dried fruit kind of date. Ohmygosh. I seriously think I have a problem. Once I start, I can't stop. They're sticky and sweet and chewy and yummy. I suppose that's better than having a love affair with, say, heroin. Or triple chocolate mousse pie. But still.
8. I started running with a friend from work once a week. I enjoy it much more than I could have imagined. I haven't run with other humans (aside from races) since high school. I think it's good for me, on many levels.
9. I run a lot, but I have had the same pair of cold weather running pants for about 14 years. They are from K-mart. They were too big when I got them. I have to pull them up like Urkel for them to even think about not falling down. They have been falling apart for about 13 years. But somehow, I can't bring myself to spend lots of money on a real pair of cold weather running pants. Hubby, who runs not so much, has about seven pair of really nice cold weather running pants. They sit in his drawer, all lovely and waiting to fulfill their God-given purpose. I do believe I'll be wearing his cold weather running pants from now on, thankyouverymuch.
10. That's my list for today.