Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh. my. gosh. I love these things...

I saw this on Lyndsay's blog (although she saw it somewhere else), and since I absolutely LOVE things like this (you know, lists, surveys, questionnaires, and the like) I kind of HAD to do it. The rule was to put in bold face the things you have done, so...


1. Started your own blog
- I think that's kind of obvious, though, isn't it?

2. Slept under the stars - in high school, at cross country camp. Which was outpost camping. We also bathed in the lake and peed in a hole. Good times. Good times.

3. Played in a band - because I assume the fact that I sound JUST LIKE CHER in my car counts as playing in a band.

4. Visited Hawaii (Where's The Brady Bunch when you need them? Their trip rocked!)

5. Watched a meteor shower - although I don't know that I ever actually saw a meteor, but we went to the beach on the night that the news people said there would be a meteor shower, and waited a looooong time.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity - if people gave what they could afford to charity, charity would never get much at all, I think.

7. Been to Disneyland - Okay, I've been to Disney World. Does that count? I'm going to say yes.

8. Climbed a mountain - not like, Annapurna or anything like that, but enough to count, I think.

9. Held a praying mantis - I try to not hold bugs. But I did photograph one on my car this past fall.

10. Sang a solo - Of course, since I sound just like Cher in my car!

11. Bungee jumped - Okay, I'm not crazy.

12. Visited Paris - I[m going to count this, even though I never left the airport. The airport where I got yelled at by the French airport worker because they take a loooong time to shuttle you from your plane to the next terminal and I almost missed my flight. I can not see how that was my fault.

13. Watched a lightening storm - whilst cowering behind someone else because I am terrified of weather.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - this, again, might be pushing the boundaries, but...

15. Adopted a child - I had four Cabbage Patch Kids.

16. Had food poisoning - why would I eat poisoned food?

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - I jumped over instead.

18. Grown your own vegetables - I had the Cabbage Patch Kids indoor garden when I was little. (I really liked Cabbage Patch Kids)

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - Not enough time between the arrival of one plane and the take-off of the other.

20. Slept on an overnight train - I've slept on a non-overnight train. I tend to get sleepy in things like trains or cars.

21. Had a pillow fight - I'm a girl. Isn't that in the rule book somewhere?

22. Hitch hiked - Yeah, that just never seemed like a good idea to me.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Who would EVER do such a thing?

24. Built a snow fort - Ohmygosh! We used to build the coolest snow forts ever on the playground in elementary school!

25. Held a lamb - It was made of butter. And the other one was a stuffed animal.

26. Gone skinny dipping - oh, no one wants to see me do that.

27. Run a Marathon - Big fat happy YES!

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - But I looked at a gondola in Indianapolis.

29. Seen a total eclipse - of both the moon and the sun. But not at the same time.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - again, not at the same time.

31. Hit a home run - In gym in college (because I had to take gym in college) the gym teacher refused to let me leave home plate until I hit the ball. I still bear the scars of embarrassment from that dark day.

32. Been on a cruise - two things I don't like: big boats and water.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - But I read the book Yours Till Niagara Falls, Abby in the third grade. I really liked that book, too.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - I was once in the country in which some of my ancestors were born. But not the actual birthplace. That I know of. Because that would be a little freaky if they had been born in my friend's parent's house.

35. Seen an Amish community - Oh, I've been on field trips to Amish communities!

36. Taught yourself a new language - Technically I taught myself. With A LOT of help from Frau.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I'll let you know when this happens. But maybe don't hold your breath, okay?

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - But I saw the pictures my aunt took when she was there. And it was just like being there myself.

39. Gone rock climbing - Hubby really wants to go rock climbing some time.

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - In all of the books about Michelangelo in my school's library, the librarian made the art teacher draw pants on David with a sharpie. Seriously.

41. Sung karaoke - In my car. Sound like Cher.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - you know, I bet that's one of those things that might not be as impressive as you think it will be. Or I'm just jealous since I've never seen it myself and I'm just telling myself that to make me feel better.

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - I'm not sure I'd accept a meal from a stranger in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa - But I'd reeeeeally like to.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - That whole not-sure-I-saw-a-meteor-shower thing. Other times, too....

46. Been transported in an ambulance - I'm pretty happy about that.

47. Had your portrait painted - Does it count if it was in a high school art class?

48. Gone deep sea fishing - still don't like water. And I'm a vegetarian.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - But I've taught about the Sistine Chapel numerous times. And made kids tape paper to the bottom of their desk, lay down on the floor, and draw a picture to get an idea of what that must have been like.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - Just that airport.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Still don't like water.

52. Kissed in the rain - We were in the house at the time, though.

53. Played in the mud - best thing about running in the rain during cross country season in high school.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater - I LOVE the drive-in!

55. Been in a movie - Brother-in-Law makes movies, and Hubby was an extra in one of them.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China - seen pictures, though.

57. Started a business - I had a lemonade stand as a child.

58. Taken a martial arts class - I try not to yell that much. Or break concrete with my fist.

59. Visited Russia - I bet that would be neat-o.

60. Served at a soup kitchen - I feel guilty saying no to this one.

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - and ate a bunch, too.

62. Gone whale watching - I would really like to go whale watching. But I'd need to do that on land, okay.

63. Got flowers for no reason - Hubby is kinda nice like that...

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - they won't take it. Which is fine since I am terrified of needles.

65. Gone sky diving - still not crazy

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - I wanted to, but my friends wouldn't take me. They had had to go on a field trip and it was so awful they refused to go back. I don't blame them.

67. Bounced a check - I admit it, okay?!

68. Flown in a helicopter - I really think this would be a fun thing. But how does one do such a thing?

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - All the ones Sisters didn't ruin or Mom didn't get rid of.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - I suck and I've never been to Washington DC. I really want to go, though!

71. Eaten Caviar - still a vegetarian.

72. Pieced a quilt - I've looked at a quilt, piece by piece.

73. Stood in Times Square - I kind of don't really have any desire to do this.

74. Toured the Everglades - try not to go where there's water and alligators.

75. Been fired from a job - I'm really happy to say no.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - London is on my list of places to go, though.

77. Broken a bone - knock on wood.

78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle - Dad had one when I was small. Mom let him drive me around the yard.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - yet another rockin' Brady Bunch vacation.

80. Published a book - that's Hubby's department. He's got four.

81. Visited the Vatican - looked at more of my aunt's pictures.

82. Bought a brand new car - only if by "new" you mean "used."

83. Walked in Jerusalem - but that is one of the settings in Hubby's first novel.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper - and never in the arrest section, either!

85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve - I try to not kiss strangers ever.

86. Visited the White House - I just said I've never been to DC. I'm working on it, okay!

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Still a vegetarian.

88. Had chickenpox - in the 5th grade. And I have a pox scar on my thigh. Although I think it just blends in with the stretch marks now.

89. Saved someone’s life - well, that depends on how you look at it...

90. Sat on a jury - I got out of jury duty because I was starting my student teaching.

91. Met someone famous - Jackson Browne saved my life, remember?

92. Joined a book club - I just read the books without the formality of a club.

93. Got a tattoo - got four. I think Mom's still upset about it, too.

94. Had a baby - I've had a baby, like, in my house before. It wasn't my baby, though.

95. Seen the Alamo in person - when I go, I want to make sure to see the basement.

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - again with the water?

97. Been involved in a law suit - only a fake one in government class.

98. Owned a cell phone - I even had a bag phone.

99. Been stung by a bee - I was actually stung while I was sleeping. Nice little wake-up, huh?


I so love these things.

6 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

You always have liked these things. Great list. Love you!

Heart2Heart said...

I have already copied this and will post mine in a few days. WOW this really requires some thought but I love all your responses.

It definitely gives you time to look back and reflect on things you did that you have forgotten plus look at some things you would like to accomplish!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

koreen (aka: winn) said...

I love your list. I see I still have a lot of "living" to do.... Hmmmm......

Stacia said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Girl Scout cookies. What's your favorite??

Lyndsay said...

You're so funny! Awesome list.

Anonymous said...

a. when you say amish, you mean like no rock n roll...or zippers. or do you mean "among the amish..."? hehehehehe :)

b. you've been in another movie...how could you forget "the princess bride"...german style :)

c. (there should always be a "c" if you have "a" and "b") you should hear your youngest goddaughter belting out "band-aid" right now...feed the world, baby. she LOVES christmas music ya know.

xoxoxoxo
me